Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Via Giano della Bella, 34
00161 - Roma (I)
Telefono: 06 4990 4017
Fax: 06 4990 4370
The official language will be English.
Confirmation of admittance will be sent by email on June 19, 2012.
This course will take the participants through the development process for clinical practice guidelines. It does this by providing the basics of clinical practice guideline and evidence synthesis approaches.
The course will cover the following topics:
• Identify key clinical issues to be included (scope)
• Develop review questions using PICO and PIPOH and planning the systematic review
• Identifying the evidence: formulating, executing and documenting a search strategy
• Assessing quality of relevant studies, summarize and interpreting the body of evidence to make recommendations
• Lack of evidence on guidelines development: formal consensus (Delphi-like method)
• Appraisal of synthesis documents: guidelines and systematic reviews
The course format consists of: brief presentations followed by individual or small group exercises. The course will be of benefit for guideline developers and health care professionals interested in learning how to use evidence in practice.
Methods of Assessment
There will be no formal examination, but a Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to those completing the course.
How much will it cost?
The course is available free of charge. Please take note that the Italian National Institute of Health will provide refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) during the day and a three course lunch but will not pay for travel and accomodation expenses.
o 9 - 11 July 2012 day course
o 26 April 2012 application is open
o 15 June 2012 deadline for application submission
Director Italian National Centre for Rare Diseases
Paola Laricchiuta - Email: email@example.com - Tel. +39 06 49904421
Cristina Morciano - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel.+39 06 49904422