Italian National Transplant Centre
Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Viale Regina Elena 299
00161 - Roma (I)
Phone: +39 06 4990 4040-1
Fax: +39 06 49 90 4101
The symposium will take place in Los Angeles, California USA in June 6-7, 2008.
- Increase awareness among transplant physicians and other medical professionals of the clinical effectiveness of cord blood transplantation.
- Allow for exchange of up-to-date basic and clinical data regarding cord blood transplantation among leaders in the field.
At the conclusion of this symposium, attendees should be able to:
- Describe patient selection and outcomes for pediatric and adult patients undergoing unrelated cord blood transplantation versus transplantation from other stem cell sources.
- Identify the factors that affect outcomes, including cord blood unit selection and HLA matching criteria, conditioning regimens, and supportive care strategies.
- Discuss the potential role of cord blood transplantation based on new research developments.
- Discuss critical issues in cord blood banking.
This program is designed for physicians, nurses and laboratory personnel involved or interested in cord blood transplantation.
>> Learn more...