The EURL-VTEC offers laboratory training for the staff of the NRLs of EU Member States or third countries. All the training sessions are based on a hands-on approach and consist in visits to the EURL-VTEC of trainees interested in improving their knowledge about methodologies and techniques for pathogenic E. coli detection, identification, and typing. A dedicated budget from the European Commission is usually allocated to support visits of scientists from EU-NRLs and each year the EURL launches a call to collect applications from the NRLs.
Different training programs are currently available at the Training at the EURL-VTEC section of the website and also reported below.
- Program for a 5-days training on the detection of VTEC in food matrices according to the ISO TS 13136:2012 and the characterization of the isolated VTEC strains (EU-RL VTEC_Training Program_ISOTS13136_Rev 3)
- Program for a 4-days training on the identification and characterization of the different groups of pathogenic E. coli by Real Time PCR amplification of their virulence genes (EU-RL VTEC_Training Program_Identification of pathogenic E. coli_Rev 2)
- Program for a 5-days training on molecular typing of VTEC by PFGE (EU-RL VTEC_Training Program_PFGE typing_Rev 2)
- Program for a 5-days training on the design and preparation of PTs on the detection of VTEC in food matrices (EU-RL VTEC_Training Program_PT organization _Rev 1)
- Program for a 3-days training on the use of bioinformatics tools for Next Generation Sequencing data mining for typing pathogenic E. coli (EURL-VTEC_Training Program_Bioinformatics_Rev 0) [PDF - 120.32 kbytes]
In the same section are also available the documents related to:
- Basic Course on the use of BioNumerics Software for the analysis of Pulsed Field Gel Electrophoresis-generated profiles of E. coli (Rome, 12-13 June 2014)
- Second Joint Training Course on the Use of BioNumerics Software to analyse PFGE data of Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli, Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes (Rome, 3-4 July 2017)