Grant office and technology transfer - ISS (EN)
Grant office and technology transfer
The technical scientific service of the Grant office and technology transfer (GOTT) is a service belonging to the Presidency of the Italian National Institute of Health (ISS). The GOTT mission is divided into two areas:
- promotion and coordination of the Institute's participation in research calls financed by national and international bodies
- evaluation and enhancement of the intellectual property developed within research and development programs
(ISS organization and functioning regulations, G.U. 88-2016, Art 15-b).
The mission thus articulated allows the creation of an efficient support system for researchers of the Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) for the application and design of national and international calls, promoting the competitiveness and the achievement of grants, protecting intellectual property rights and facilitating the exploitation of research results.
To achieve the objectives set, GOTT programming is carried out through the following functions:
- interact with public and private funding sources even in the pre-call phase
- scouting, identification and dissemination of calls having suitable eligibility criteria for the Institute
- support researchers in preparing preliminary documentation for obtaining the endorsement of the legal representative of the ISS
- facilitate forms of collaboration between internal structures and encourage the establishment of networking with external partners
- organizing training and updating events for the improvement of project performance: Projects (IN) training
- protection and enhancement of intellectual property deriving from project activities and / or institutional research (patents)
- encourage the creation of new high-tech companies (spin-off)
The GOTT has relations with the Ministry of Health, with the Ministry of Education, University and Research, with the Agency for the Promotion of European Research (APRE) and other governmental and non-governmental entities.
The GOTT has stable relationships with other ISS structures, such as the Research Coordination and Support Service (CORI), the External Relations and International Relations Service (PRE-REI), the Projects and Conventions Office (DRUE), the Service IT (DG-INF) and the Knowledge and Communication Service.