Long CoViD cover
“Long-CoViD: ready to face the present and future impact of the pandemic?”
The clinical manifestations of Long-CoViD
Long-CoViD questions and answers
Long-CoViD CCM Project
Analysis and strategies of response to the long-term effects of CoViD-19 infection (Long-CoViD)
The Istituto Superiore di Sanità is the lead partner of the project "Analysis and strategies of response to the long-term effects of CoViD-19 infection (Long-CoViD) " coordinated by Graziano Onder, Director of the Cardiovascular, Endocrine-Metabolic diseases and Aging Department of the ISS.
The term Long-CoViD is used to describe a wide range of physical and mental health consequences that are still present four or more weeks after SARS-CoV-2 infection, despite the negativization of the diagnostic test for CoViD-19. The most frequent symptoms are fatigue and "mental fog", i.e. memory problems and difficulty concentrating, loss of smell and taste, and respiratory and cardiovascular symptoms.
The general objective of monitoring the long-term effects of the CoViD-19 pandemic is split in 5 specific goals:
1. Defining the dimensions of the Long-CoViD condition
2. Mapping number, characteristics and distribution of Italian Long-CoViD centers
3. Defining the best practices in the field of Long-CoViD
4. Setting up a Long-CoViD surveillance system
5. Structuring of the national network